Looking for a place to take your exam?
As a public service and as part of our effort to support lifelong learning, we provide supervision of student examinations at the Library, subject to the availability of authorized staff.
- The Library will proctor either written or on-line exams.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the Library and to contact the Library to verify that the exam has been received. The student and Library staff will schedule a date and time for the test only after the exam arrives at the Library.
- If the examination is emailed to the Library, the student is responsible for the regular cost of printing(10 cents per page)
- Exams are only proctored during regular Library hours.
- Before taking the exam, the student will be required to present a picture I.D and the name on the identification must match the name on the exam documents.
- Staff will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam.
- If we are required to mail the completed exam back to the testing institution, the student or testing institution must provide the envelope or package, as well as postage and the cost of a tracking number if such is required by the student or testing institution.
- The Library is not responsible for completed tests that are not received by the testing institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm the institution’s receipt of completed test materials.
Due to the daily business demands of a public Library, we cannot ensure a quiet environment; nor can we ensure that staff will be closely observing the student during the entire examination.
We cannot guarantee the speed of the Library’s Internet connection, or that the Internet connection will not be interrupted during the test.
The Library does not charge a fee to proctor exams. We do accept and appreciate donations.