Welcome to the
Union Library of Hatborough
The Union Library Company was formed in 1755.
An impressive list of thirty-eight people were the original subscribers! The Union Library of Hatboro is the third oldest in Pennsylvania, and the second oldest library to be operating under the original charter. The library was moved from house to house until the present building was built in 1849. The library building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Josh Shapiro, Governor.