Library facilities and resources are available to the public and everyone is entitled and encouraged to use them, in concert with the library’s policies. To borrow materials or access electronic resources, a valid library card is required.
If you are a resident of Hatboro or employed in the borough, you are eligible for a Hatboro Library card. You can join the library by visiting the circulation desk and completing a form.
The library requires identification that includes your name and street address. New residents can bring a lease, recent utility bill, etc. Post Office box addresses are not valid as proof of residency.
For youth under the age of 14 to receive a library card, a parent or guardian must sign the application form attesting to the validity of the information and accepting responsibility for materials borrowed on the card. If a parent or guardian is not present, the library card application may be taken home for completion and signature.
If you are a Pennsylvania resident living outside of Hatboro and you have a card from your home Access Pennsylvania Library, you may use that card at the Union Library. To gain access, you must provide valid passport or PA-issued photo ID with address, and your home library card. You can use this We will add your information into our system and you will then have access to all that our library has to offer.
General Information About Your Account
- If your address changes, please notify us. You can always update your phone number, email and contact preferences online at https://Hatboro.Biblionix.com
- Library cards expire after one year. Renew for free at the library.
- You must notify us if your card is lost or stolen. The replacement fee for lost, stolen or damaged cards is $1.00
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks.
- DVDs and Playaways are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Museum passes are checked out for 3-days.
- Overdue book fines are 15 cents a day
- Overdue DVD fines are $2.00 per day